As a Sunriver Prudential Real Estate Agent, I’m asked this question frequently… How is the real estate market in Central Oregon, Deschutes County, Sunriver, Bend, Caldera Springs, Crosswater, and Three Rivers South? There is at least a thousand different ways to answer the question because it is a rather complex one. Here is my take on things…
- If you are buying your primary residence, the answer is… Fantastic, unbelievable, like never before!
- If you are selling your home and than re-entering the market, the answer is… favorable.
- If you have to sell and don’t plan on re-entering the market, the answer is soft. Exactly how soft depends on how long ago you bought the property or home your selling. In most cases, the longer you have owned a piece of real estate the better off you are.
- If you are investing, the answer is phenomenal! With interest rates at a all time low and home values greatly depressed, we are in the midst of the perfect storm!
- If you are in it for the long term, the answer is Awesome! This is true no matter the state of the real estate market.
- If you are in it to make a quick buck, the answer is not so hot.